Frequently Asked Questions
01. How many SmartPlank sensors will I need for my floor?
The number of sensors will vary based on your order. We install 1 sensor per 1,000 square feet of floor; any orders under 1,000 square feet are still equipped with 1 sensor.
02. Does the app and/or sensor control the temperature and humidity?
The Smartplank app and sensors are NOT able to control the temperature and/or humidity of your environment; they DO NOT connect with any “smart home" devices. Their purpose is to simply act as a guide for you to maintain a suitable environment for your floor.
03. Is Smartplank technology secure?
The technology uses a 2.4 GHz ISM-Band which is often associated with garage door openers or even a cordless landline phone.
04. Is it possible to hack into my SmartPlank system?
It is not possible. The sensor uses Bluetooth connectivity which doesn’t allow for any other device to interfere with that connection.
05. Will Smartplank warn me if my floor floods?
If your floor floods neither the sensor or the flooring will survive. At that point, calling your insurance agent would be the best suggestion.
06. Will Smartplank work with in-floor heating systems?
Yes. In fact it's one of the core reasons the sensor was developed, and it acts as a crucial component to monitoring an in-floor heating system.
07. If I forget my username or password, what do I do?
Just touch on the “forgot password” button and you will reset your password. If you forget your username we can provide that based on your order.
08. How do I adjust the humidity in my home?
Your furnace may be equipped with a humidifier, which can be controlled using a humidistat. If your furnace is not equipped with this feature, we recommend placing a humidifier/dehumidifier unit in the room(s) with a Smart Plank floor installed.
09. What if I don’t have a humidistat in my home?
It is crucial that you contact your HVAC contractor to add a humidifier prior to installation of your SmartPlank wood floor.
10. Why is it important to maintain my interior environment?
Wood flooring is considered “active", meaning that it naturally expands and contracts over time and with different temperature/humidity. If your home environment is not properly maintained, your floor may be subject to damage, including cupping, checking, and cracking.
11. How long will my Smartplank sensors last?
Most sensors last 5 years.
12. What should I do once my sensor has lost battery life?
Our sensors are designed to be like training wheels: it's a tool for learning what a proper environment for your floor is, and by the time the sensor runs out of power you should be knowledgeable enough to maintain it.
13. Will the Smartplank technology interfere with other devices in my home?
Due to the very low frequency radio band the sensor will have NO impact on anything else located in the home.
14. What do I do if I have a problem with my Smartplank floor?
If you experience an issue with your floor, contact us at email@example.com or 844-476-2787 so we can work with you to resolve it.
15. Is Smartplank technology safe?
Very safe. Since the device uses low energy Bluetooth and a radio frequency that is typical in a transistor radio your health will not be impacted from this device.